This Durga Puja 2016, we have come up with the unique collection of Maa Durga images and wallpaper.
Goddess Durga, the wife of Lord Shiva, holds a very powerful meaning in her name. Durga in Sanskrit means a fortress unbreakable, something which cannot be brought to destruction.
She is also called “Durgatinashini” which means the one eradicating the evil and distress prevailing in the world. Like her husband, she is often known as the three-eyed goddess or “Triyambake” (in the form: Chandi).
Maa Durga Images
We have gathered beautiful pictures of the Durga Mata from various sources which can be downloaded freely by the readers.
We are very determined to keep the picture gallery updated with the images of celebrations and pujas held across India during Navratri. We also have a team of professional artists to design creative images.
The high-quality pictures of Durga Maa in her nine forms are available in our photo gallery which you can use to set as wallpapers in your phones and laptops. You can also share these pictures with your friends and family through Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and so on.
Checkout the latest HD collections of Navratri and Durga Maa images and wallpapers.
By looking at Maa Durga images, you may have a very clear about what she symbolizes.
Her right, left and middle eye denotes action (the sun), desire (the moon) and knowledge (fire) respectively. Goddess Durga’s eight hands symbolize her power defending and preserving the world from all the eight directions. Her vehicle, the lion, represents great strength and resolution.
If you want to know more about the widely worshipped Durga Mata and Durga puja, you can read our blog on Durga Puja Celebration.
9 Forms Of Goddess Durga
Maa Durga is known to have following nine forms:
- Shailaputri – She is the spirit of the earthly existence and spiritual awakening.
- Bharmachirini – She is the symbol of strict religious practices, happiness, positivity and also a means of attaining moksha.
- Chandraghanta – She is considered as the symbol of fortune, wealth and peace.
- Kushmanda – She is considered as the creator of the universe. The one who eradicates the world’s darkness.
- Skanda Mata – She is known to spread prosperity, salvation, power and treasures among her devotees.
- Katyayani – She symbolises justice, courage, strength, the victory of good over evil as well as knowledge.
- Kalratri – She symbolizes violent form of goddess Durga
- Maha Gauri – She symbolizes intellect and peace.
- Siddhidatri – She has miraculous healing power.
The rage and fume possessed by Mata Durga are nearly impossible to describe in words.
Download Maa Durga images from our online collection and make your digital life more religious and spiritual for the upcoming Navratri 2016 festive season. Having your wallpapers set with Goddess Durga pictures will definitely bring in positivity, peace and vigor in your life.
Do you like this article? Please write comments and give us your feedback. If you find this article interesting share it with your friends, family and colleagues and spread the spirit of Durga Puja. Happy Navratri to all!!!